Circa 1900. A large cast iron fire grate. A replica of the one in ‘Sir Walter Scott’s’ house at Abbotsford, this one is made by ‘Bogies Ironsmiths of Edinburgh’. The cast back with a pierced crest with Latin inscription beneath, and a figure of a man feeding a dog. The wavy and shaped body with a pair of fleur de lis on each end, open section on the front and sides and the base standing on curled turned steel feet.
- 90cm H, 54cm W, 35cm D