Circa 1880. A Pair of bronzed white metal classical Marley horses. (after Coustou) The original horses, 1743-1745 Carrara marble sculpted groups by Guillaume Coustou, showing two rearing horses with their groom. They were commissioned by Louis XV of France for the trough at the entrance to the grounds of his château de Marly. The large pair have good colour and patination.
- 41cm H, 14cm D, 33cm L