Circa 1815. A Regency Imperial action mahogany extending dining table in the manner of ‘Gillows of Lancaster’. The rounded rectangular top with moulded fore edge and simple moulding beneath, opening on a pull-out mechanism resting on 10 turned and fluted classic Gillows legs. The table when fully expanded takes the 5 original leaves, which are locked in place by the original metal clasps. Provenance: property of ‘The Earl of Kintore’ formally at Keith Hall in Aberdeenshire.
- 74cm High x 151cm Deep x 403cm Fully Extended