Circa 1820. A good George IV rosewood and mother of pearl inlaid sarcophagus shaped tea caddy. The stylish top with multiple inlays in mother of pearl, is hinged and opens to reveal a well fitted interior with further inlay’s in the lid, two canisters one with G for green tea and one with B for brown tea with mother of pearl inlay and a small aperture in the center for the mixing bowl. Further inlays on the front, to the sides a pair of stylish carved lifting knobs, the base of the tapering body a simple moulding, resting on four carved squat bun feet.
- 33cm H, 38cm L, 19cm D