Circa 1860 a mid-Victorian amboyna, ebonized, porcelain and gilt metal mounted side cabinet. The breakfront top with pierced brass gallery, the center section with a mirror and recess flanked by doors with ¾ brass galleries over panels mounted with Serves style porcelain plaques depicting ladies. All flanked and divided by fluted and gilded columns with elegant brass capitals, the lower section with a moulded brass edge over three frieze drawers, the central drawer with a leathered and tooled writing surface. With a rinceau frieze and further porcelain plaques, a central drawer with eaves and supports, two mirror backs and tiers flanked by fluted tapering supports raised on troupie feet. Provenance Ashley Hall collection.
- 152cm High, 135cm Wide, 55cm Deep