Circa 1750. A good George II mahogany Irish bureau. With a deep solid top with flap with simple beaded foredge and original pierced escutcheon, opens to reveal a well fitted with various drawers, cupboards, and pigeonholes, all with cast brass knob handles. With a configuration of four full length drawers which graduate from top to bottom, the top drawer flanked by a pair of loppers with ring pull handles. All the drawers retain their original swan neck handles with pierced back plate and escutcheons, all lined in oak (sign of quality). Beneath the bottom drawer there is a simple moulding with a classic carved shell in the frieze, all standing on four elegant simple cabriole legs, finishing with a pad foot.
- 108cm High x 100cm Wide x 53cm Deep