Circa 1870. A stylish and elegant oak and brass stick stand by ‘James Shoolbred & Sons, London’. (Established in the 1820s at 155 Tottenham Court Road) The raised center section with a pierced brass gallery with the top rail supported on elegant tiny balustrades, supported, and braced by a pair of curled metal brackets. To the sides is a pair of cast brass uprights finished with flower-heads, below the back with various panels, one with 4 brass spandrels and another with a Victorian maker’s kite mark, the curved cast brass stick holder has four divisions, with a removable drip tray in the base, resting at the front and a pair of splayed cast brass feet and simple uprights at the back.
- 98cm High x 58cm Wide x 21cm Deep