Circa 1860, pair of mid Victorian burr walnut pier cabinets. The cabinets have a rectangular top which is quarter veneered in walnut, below the top is a simple fore edge and an ormolu mounted beading. The frieze between the top edge and the door is shaped and has a floral marquetry panel in the centre. Above the door is a cast brass beading. There are ormolu mounts on the top and bottom and a simple glazed door which is also brass bound. There is floral marquetry on the top corners of the door, as on the fore edges. The base has a fine brass bound beading and below this is a central motif. The whole piece stands on an almost enclosed plinth with shaped front and sides. The cabinets have mounts on both gables also. The insides are lined in velvet with two shelves. The cabinets are one left handed and one right handed. Excellent colour and condition.
- 109cm high x 83cm wide x 31cm deep