Circa 1870. An exhibition quality pair of carved giltwood triple plate overmantel mirrors, tops are capped with foliate carved leaves and flowers resting on a pierced scallop with further rococo carving and extended sea scrolls to the sides. The center has a large shaped mirror flanked by two smaller mirrors with a gilded moulded beading separating. Above the side mirrors there are swirling acanthus leaves finishing with wonderful scroll ends. Further foliate carving to the top and the base. Slight foxing in one of the mirrors, but lovely patination including the venetian red base and traces of the gold leaf, the mirrors have solid panel backs.
- 210 cm H x 130 cm W