Circa 1820, George IV mahogany Scottish teapoy. The top has a stylish oval carved finial, and pergoda lid, with a hinged top to the inside and an uninterrupted open section. The inside is in solid mahogany, and to the sides there are 2 cast brass copper lifting handles with lion heads with a ring in the mouth. There is a classic Scottish beading on the fore edge of the top and this continues around the side. At the front there is a large Heraldic diamond shaped ebonised escutcheon and the teapoy stands on a square column, and it flares and tapers as it heads towards its raised platform base which has shaped sides and beneath this, 4 squat bun feet.
- Size 83 cm high x 44 cm wide x 32 cm deep