Circa 1770. A George III mahogany three division tea caddy, the raised top with its cast brass lifting handle and beaded edge, is hinged and opens to reveal three divisions inside, on the front there’s an elegant brass escutcheon, with further beading at the base, two lifting handles at the side. The whole piece stands on a squat classic ogee bracket feet. To the underside there is a label which states ‘Royal County Depository, Reading C & G Ayres Ltd name major house number 2’.
- 17cm High X 26cm Long X 14cm Deep