Circa 1760. A quality large mahogany George III bureau. The solid top and cleated flap, with excellent colour and patination, opens to reveal a well fitted interior with serpentine drawers, pilasters with metal capitals disguising storage. The writing surface has a cut out for felt or leather. The lopers on this bureau are two small drawers with oak slides above. In the center one narrow drawer and a configuration of three further full-length drawers beneath. The drawers have the original gilded swan neck handles with oval back plates and proud escutcheons, with fluted quarter columns in the front gables, further mouldings and the whole piece rests on four stylish ogee bracket feet.
- 110cm H, 127cm W, 55cm D