Circa 1880. A carved and giltwood Italian freestanding shrine. The top surmounted by a gilded coronet, with carved and gilded drops suspended beneath. Behind the coronet there is a scallop shell and foliate carving. The main structure consists of four fluted columns with foliate carving on each side. There is small flat surface in venetian red, where the statue or bust may have been placed, with a carved gesso fore-edge all on a solid base section with inscribed gilding.
- 115 cm High x 68 cm Wide x 33 cm Deep