Circa 1860, mid Victorian mahogany dome-top glass fronted grandfather clock by W C Shaw, 64 Argyle Street, Glasgow. With carved foliate and c-scroll designs to the drum head and a brass bezel containing a silvered face with Roman numerals. It has a glazed door to the body, framed with foliate carving and corbels, and inside are the original cast brass weights and stick pendulum. The base has a flame mahogany panel with a carved cartouche and corbels, above a flame mahogany apron, finishing on carved feet with shaped quarter brackets and turned feet to the base. The clock has been serviced and is in good condition.
- Size 280 cm high x 33 cm deep