Circa 1870, unusual pair of scumbled pine Victorian pedestals, with large rectangular tops with canted corners on a solid section with carved cabriole supports rising from the top. These look elaborate but in fact do not support the top and are purely decorative. There are carved acanthus leaves on the top section, wonderful moulding underneath and finish in a paper scroll bottom. The pedestals have 4 arches on each side which are beaded and decorated with various shapes and carvings, have a small monogram on the front and stand on a platform base on an enclosed plinth.
- 92cm high x 59cm wide x 58cm deep.