Circa 1860, very unusual pair of Victorian bow fronted display corner cabinets, with segmented tops and small gallery. The tops are burr walnut with a wonderful moulded fore edge. The apron is carved with English roses, square foliate carving on each end and a cut out pattern across the front. Beneath this are two pilasters which finish with a Gothic arch. There are two bowfront glazed doors, again with Gothic arches, and on either side of the arches is foliate carving with grapes and vines. The frame of the door is burr walnut and there is a walnut beading on the door. Inside are two shelves with a combination of velour, embossed and gilded leather and a burr walnut border and facing. Beneath the doors is an enclosed apron, with a carved panel on each end. These substantial cabinets have great colour and patination.
- 140cm high x 98cm wide x 68cm deep.