Circa 1870. An interesting French cast iron and iron oil lamp, converted to electricity, provenance ex Rossi Priory, Perthshire. The top surmounted with four lamp holders, beneath an urn shaped vase with vines, swags and tails of foliate casting, held in an upright position with wonderful scrolling acanthus leaves intersected by three-winged cherub heads. There is further scrolling casting beneath with additions of flower heads and multiple layers of acanthus leaves on the facings and the central stem. All resting on a tri-form platform base with wonderful scrolling feet beneath intersected by pressed foliate metal.
- 206cm High x 56cm Diameter