Circa 1880, pair of Victorian oak framed hand chairs with brass maker’s label of ‘R. White & Sons, Upholsterers, Glasgow’. With a turned and fluted rail behind the top of the curved chair and leading on to double fluted columns at the sides, and a central framed panel to the back upholstered in needlepoint. The floral needlepoint motif is continued on the large stuffover seat, and beneath this is the outswept back legs have a turned section and the front legs finish on a large block, turnings and brass and brown porcelain castors. They are united on elaborate cross over stretchers.
- Size 97 cm high x 49 cm wide x 59 cm deep