Circa 1880, large Victorian Scottish pub mirror for Bernard’s Pale Ale. The mirror is contained in a carved beech frame with applied gesso decoration in the centre and on the internal bezel. With its original plate and a mixture of etching from behind, back painting and gilding. There is a motif in the centre with a barrel and the trademark note that has engraving, ribbing and a decorative wheat sheaf. To the back is a partial label for the glass embosser, working in Edinburgh.
- 102 cm high x 120 cm wide.