Circa 1860, circular clock with a carved drop dial beneath it, by Andrew Barrie of Edinburgh. The top has a large oak shaped bezel with a brass bezel inside and behind this is a face with unusual Gothic revival lettering, Roman numerals and with the makers details ‘Andrew Barrie, Edinburgh’. There are 2 small hatches to the side to access the movement, and the clock runs on a single train fusee movement with a drop dial to the bottom. There is a panel at the bottom with a Heraldic shield in the centre surrounded by a stylish decoration, carved acorns to the sides, and a domed bottom.
Andrew Barrie was a Scottish clockmaker operating from 1840 at 3 South St. Andrew Street in Edinburgh, as noted in the Edinburgh Evening Courant (11 November 1850). He died in 1907.
- Size 40 cm high x 28 cm wide x 15 cm deep