Circa 1830, Irish William IV mahogany hall or serving table in the manner of William and Gibton of Dublin. The inverted top is in figured Spanish mahogany with a carved cabochon border and acanthus leaf clasped corners and it has a cross-banded and beaded frieze with two hidden drawers. It is all supported on four carved, winged griffins perched on baskets of fruit. There are moulded pillars supports to the rear; all on an inverted breakfront plinth base with moulded fore edge.
The firm of Williams and Gibton (1830-44) developed from the firm of Mack, Williams and Gibton, and were appointed ‘Upholsterers and Cabinet-makers to His Majesty, His Excellency the Lord Lieutenant and His Majesty’s Board of Works’. Williams and Gibton supplied furniture to the most important buildings of Regency Ireland.
- Size 95 cm high x 250 cm wide x 66 cm deep.