Circa 1835, William IV mahogany rectangular cheval mirror. The mirror retains its original glass with very fine speckle on it. The back of the mirror has fielded panels and is polished. The mirror is held in place by mahogany uprights which are curved at the top and have carved wooden knobs on each side and a carved acanthus leaf at the bottom. At the acanthus leaf the upright splits into a pair of trestle ends and finish with a cabriole leg. There is a cross stretcher to give the mirror stability and from this curves down another similar splayed leg to that of the uprights. All of these sit on a rectangular piece of polished mahogany with a rounded front and curved top, and beneath this there are 4 squat circular feet with chamfered top and bottom with castors beneath. The mirror has excellent colour and patination.
- 162cm high x 82cm wide x 52cm deep.