Circa 1830, a rare set of 20 William IV Scottish mahogany dining chairs. These chairs were commissioned by and made for the Royal Scottish Academy, situated on The Mound in the centre of Edinburgh. This set comprises eighteen side chairs and the curved top rails carved with foliate scrolls with reeded supports and splats, above red faux leather seats, twelve with button tufting, the others plain, raised on ring turned and tapered legs, one armchair of slightly larger size.
- Side chairs 88cm high x 50cm wide x 45cm deep. Armchair 98cm high x 59cm wide x 56cm deep.