Circa 1830, pair of William IV rosewood side chairs. The dramatic chairs with a well carved back with foliate carving, acanthus leaves and a cross over splat with gadrooning and a carved wheatsheaf in the centre. Beneath this the upright curls almost like a cabriole leg foot. The chairs have drop in seat pad, above the reeded rail which has foliate carving at the front. The back legs are square, tapering and slightly out swept. The front legs are turned, fluted and tapering, finishing on a raised toe.
- 89cm high x 52cm wide x 53cm deep.