Circa 1825, a good set of 8 mahogany George IV dining chairs, consisting of 6 side chairs and 2 armchairs. With Greek key pattern carving to the top rails, the central splat in a combination of reeding, carved flower heads and a lyre style pattern either side. With drop-in seat pads to all and the armchairs with reeded arms which finish on curved sections with roundels on each side, held in place by shaped uprights. The back legs are square, tapering and slightly out swept, the front legs turned, ring turned and taper towards the base. All the chairs united by turned stretcher with a cruciform section in the centre.
- Size 89 cm high x 49 cm wide x 49 cm deep