Circa 1830, rare late George IV mahogany charger or plate stand. With a 3 part upright at the top which has scrolling and curved centre, and can rise up to accommodate a large plate. A crossover stretcher to the back holds it in position, which allows the plate stand to nearly double in height. At the base is a small spread and a simple carved scrolling section. The flat platform base has a canted corner and flat fore-edge with a scoop in the centre which is lined with green felt. This then tiers down and expands until it finishes as an enclosed plinth. Underneath is a blue base.
- 36 cm high x 30 cm wide x 14 cm deep