Circa 1825, George IV gilded mahogany pier mirror. With foliate carved fore-edge, pediment and glass balls beneath, the frieze has a carved full relief with lion mask on a patterned, gilded background. Either side are carved capitals with upward facing acanthus leaves and cluster columns, with the original bevelled edge mirror plate held in place by simple moulding. The base has various mouldings. Provenance: from No. 1 Charlotte Square, New Town, Edinburgh.
- Size 121 cm high x 67 cm wide