Circa 1810, a late George III mahogany and inlaid tea caddy. The rectangular shaped tea caddy with a flame mahogany carcass. At the top are multiple inlays of satinwood, boxwood and ebony. The top is hinged and opens to reveal two divisions inside. These have mahogany lids with ebonised fore-edges and small turned bone handles. On the outside of the caddy is a small ivory Heraldic shield and the caddy retains its original lock. The banding on the fore edge and the front is similar to the top of the caddy. The underside has the original weave wool case to stop it from scraping surfaces that it rests on.
- 12 cm high x 18 cm wide x 11.5 cm deep