Circa 1780 and later, George III inlaid mahogany and brass bound cellarette or vin du garde. In an octagonal shape, with figured mahogany top, brass banding, string inlay and chequered inlay fore edge, opening to reveal a metal liner (later addition). When the liner is removed, the original plug hole can be seen, and to the sides are 2 cast brass lifting handles, with brass escutcheon cut out of the brass banding to the front. The base has further brass banding, and it stands on a later mahogany and inlaid stand with square tapering legs with inlay on the facing.
- Size 74 cm high x 49 cm diameter