Circa 1720, oak bible box on stand in the form of a bureau. The hinged flap has wonderful patination and old repairs, and opens to reveal a simple interior with some pigeon holes and small drawers. The front has a deep frieze carved with stylised scrolls and circles, and the initials AB 1719 which is probably when it was made. The whole piece stands on elegant turned legs joined by stretchers. The feet have been raised slightly perhaps to make it a more accommodating height for the owner. Beautiful mellow colour and patina.
- 97cm high x 63cm wide x 45.5cm deep.