Circa 1790. A late George III oak bureau of diminutive proportions. The flap with classic cast brass escutcheon, open to reveal a simple interior of various pigeon holes and a polished writing surface. The flap when open is held in place by two loppers with cast brass stud handles, beneath the flap a configuration of two short over two full length drawers, each with cast brass swan neck handles with pierced back plate. The drawer liners are in oak (a sign of quality). Beneath the bottom drawer there is further mouldings and the piece rests on four bracket feet.
- 94cm H, 66cm W, 38cm D