Circa 1800, late George III mahogany canterbury of generous proportions. With curved top section, a central lifting handle to one of the 4 divisions, all with 3 shaped splats. Inside the square, main uprights, is chamfering and a carved pattern, with further narrow uprights to the sides. A polished mahogany base above a wrap-around rail (preventing paper or magazines from slipping out) and standing on turned, ring turned and tapering legs finishing on a brass cup and brass brown porcelain castors.
- Size 52 cm high x 49 cm wide x 40 cm deep