Circa 1890, exhibition quality zoomorphic stick stand formed from an elephant foot. The makers name is stamped on the back ‘Mounted by the A & N C.S Ld’. The top of the foot has a brass bezel which is divided into two sections and has a wonderful shaped apron. In the centre is a brass column which rises up and finishes in a loop carrying arm. Three quarters of the way up are four concentric brass hoops which hold the sticks or umbrellas in position. Superb example of this type of work.
- 107cm high x 38cm wide x 38cm deep