Circa 1860, carved eagle lectern, with stamp of ‘Lamb’. The carved eagle stands on a carved rock design, and the back of the wings has a small open fretwork bracket for holding papers. Standing on a faceted column, with bezels towards the base which get larger and are decorated with moulded sections with Gothic style tracery and foliate carvings. It has a substantial enclosed plinth, providing stability and the eagle can be removed from the base, revealing the stamp of ‘Lamb’.
- 154 cm high x 64 cm wide